There are 2 different consultants involved in this project. They are Alpha Consulting Engineers Ltd and TEP Consultant Pte Ltd. These two companies are the companies that we consulted when doing the preparation of documents and presentations including drawing of layouts and diagrams.
Alpha Consulting Engineers Ltd. – M & E Consultants
Alpha Consulting Engineers Pte Ltd was established in January 1995 in conjunction with Alpha Engineering Consultant to assist the latter in undertaking a whole spectrum of mechanical and electrical engineering consultancy services pertaining to building construction and other industries in Singapore and the region.
Together with Alpha Engineering Consultant, Alpha Consulting Engineers Pte Ltd (ACEPL) had since 1995 completed numerous projects, ranging from condominium, teaching institutions, hospitals, hotels, office buildings, shopping malls to aircraft hangars, wafer fabrication plants etc. in Singapore, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, China.
They have done numerous sub-station project for Singapore Government and private sector.
Some projects done by Alpha Consulting
Roles for this project:
- Preparation of specifications for calling of quotations for each detection of existing underground services and arranging for diversion of the same where required.
- Consultation with SPGroup on the electricity connection scheme of the photovoltaic power system to the grid.
- Preparation of single line diagram for the PV power system for approval by SPGroup Consultation with Energy Market Authority (EMA) Inspectorate Division for the electrical generation licence.
- Consultation with SPGroup on the layout of the substation design and submission of substation plans for clearance by SPGroup.
- Consultation with SCDF (Singapore Civil Defence Force) for the firefighting infrastructure for the site such as fire hydrant and firefighting provisions such as hose reel within the site.
- Preparation of tender specifications and drawings (single line diagrams) for the calling of quotations or tenders for the supply and installation of low voltage switchboard, step-up transformers and 22 kV switchgears.
- Preparation of tender specifications and drawings for lightning protection.
- Evaluation of contractor’s technical submission of LV switchboard, LV cables, transformers, 22 kV switchgear, 22 kV cables and lightning protection.
- Weekly attendance at progress meetings.
- Periodic inspection of the installation for compliance with code requirements.
- Attendance at factory acceptance test of the electrical equipment.
- Attendance at site acceptance test of the electrical equipment.
- Application of electrical installation licence from EMA.
- Attendance at pre-commissioning test and turn-on of electrical installation.
- Inspection and submission of as-built drawings and issuance of certificate of supervision for lightning protection to BCA.
- Contract close-out i.e. defect clearance, final accounts, ‘as-built’ drawings, O&M manuals, final clearance from authorities etc. for the electrical and mechanical works only.
Alpha Consultancy will be the LEW (Licenced Electrical Worker) for electrical installation for this project and do the commissioning and testing of the project.
TEP Consultant Pte Ltd – Civil and Structural Consultants
With more than 50 years of experience in the provision of professional civil & structural consulting engineering services including project management as principal consultant, TEP Consultants Pte Ltd has accumulated vast and varied track records on prestigious Commercial, Hotels, Institutional, Entertaiment, Residential, Industrial, Airport Facilities and Infrastructures, Chemical Plants, Flatted Factories and Warehousing Projects, as well as Civil Engineering Works such as Shipyards including Dry-docks, Slipways, Wharves, Jetties, Mooring Dolphins, Beacons and infra-structural services works namely MRT underground tunneling works, drainage, sewerage, roadworks, earthworks and Newater projects, amounting several billions dollars.
Some projects done by TEP Consultant Pte Ltd
Roles for this project:
- Design, drawing and submission of sub-station, LV Switchroom and transformer plinth to BCA and JTC for approval.
- PE endorsement for structural support of the Photo Voltaic (PV) panel.